(Russian:29 October [O.S. 17 October] 1861 - 10 May [O.S. 27 April] 1904) was a Russian painter. His major works were devoted to life of ordinary Russians of the 17th century.
Andrey Petrovich Ryabushkin was born in the village Stanichnaya sloboda, Borisoglebskiy uezd, Tambov gubernia in 1861. His father and brother were icon painters, and he started to help them from his early childhood. At 14 years old he became an orphan. A student of Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture A. Kh. Preobrazhensky, who spent the summer in the village, happened to see the boyes drawings and was greatly impressed by them. He started to give him lessons and helped him to enter the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture. Ryabushkin was one of the youngest student of the school at all times.
Ryabushkin stayed for seven years (1875-82) in the Moscow School, learning from Vasily Perov and Illarion Pryanishnikov. His first large work Peasant Wedding was bought by Pavel Tretyakov in 1880. After the death of Vasiliy Perov, Ryabushkin moved to Saint Petersburg in 1882, and entered the Imperial Academy of Arts where he learned from Pavel Chistyakov. The classes soon disappointed him, however, and he began to spend more and more time either in the library of the academy or sketching in the streets.
His studies at the academy came to an end in 1892. He did not receive an award for his diploma work, Descent from the Cross, as was expected, because he did not follow the approved project. But the work was so good that the president of the academy, Grand Duke Vladimir Konstantinovich, provided Ryabushkin with a stipend for travel and studies abroad from his own means. Instead of going to Italy or Paris, Ryabushkin chose to make a tour of ancient Russian towns (Novgorod, Kiev, Moscow, Uglich, Yaroslavl). The inhabitants of them became his first models and his first critics. Related Paintings of Andrei Ryabushkin :. | Diakon. Etude. | Sunday. | Sonntag in der Gemeinde | In der wundertatigen Ikone | In der wundertatigen Ikone |
Related Artists:Leopold Graf Von Kalckreuth
1855-1928,German painter and etcher. The son of the late Romantic landscape painter Eduard Stanislaus, Graf von Kalckreuth (1820-94), he studied from 1875 to 1878 under Ferdinand Schauss (1832-1916), Willem Linnig (1819-85) and Alexander Struys (1852-1941) at the Kunstschule in Weimar founded by his father. In 1879, after military service, he enrolled at the Akademie in Munich, where he attended Gyula Benczer's drawing classes and continued his study of painting under Karl Theodor von Piloty and Wilhelm von Diez (1839-1907). In 1883 he travelled to the Netherlands and then to Italy and France. In 1885 he accepted a teaching appointment at the Kunstschule in Weimar, but in 1890 he resigned and returned to Munich. During the next five years he worked at Heckricht in Silesia (now Jedrzychowice, Poland), perfecting his oil technique. In 1892 he was a founder-member of the Munich Secession. Kalckreuth's work from this period reflects the influence of several contemporaries; the portrait of the Artist's Wife of 1888 (Leipzig, Mus. Gesch.) recalls the portraits of Franz von Lenbach and Max Liebermann, while the visionary element brought to the genre scene Rainbow (1894-6; Munich, Neue Pin.) is close to the work of Fritz von Uhde. Pauwels van Hillegaert
(1596-1640) was a Dutch Golden Age painter of landscapes and military scenes.
He married Anneken Homis from Antwerp in 1620, with whom he had several children, including the painter with the same name, Pauwels van Hillegaert II (1621-1658). This Pauwels Jr. married Cornelia de Vlieger (daughter of Simon de Vlieger) and had two daughters. When Pauwels Jr. like his father died at a relatively young age, Cornelis de Bie wrote a commemorative poem about him.
Pauwels Sr. won royal commissions to paint battle scenes, most notably for the Siege of 's-Hertogenbosch in 1629. He also won a commission for the Battle of Nieuwpoort. He also painted Italianate landscapes, but was mostly admired for his horses and armor.
Vincenzo Campi (c. 1536 - 1591) was an Italian painter of the Renaissance from Cremona.
His style merges Lombard with Mannerist styles, however, unlike his siblings, he is known for a series of canvases, mostly painted after 1570s , displaying genre scenes and local produce. Many set at a food store front of some sort. At the time, this type of paintings were uncommon in Italy, and more common in Netherlands, as exemplified by the canvases of Joachim Beuckelaer.
In Cremona, his extended family was the main artistic studio of his time. Giulio Campi and Antonio Campi were reportedly half-brothers, while Bernardino Campi was a distant relative. All were active and prominent local painters. In 1586-1589, he and his brother Antonio completed paintings for the church of San Paolo Converso in Milan.